One piece of software any optimizer should love is Firefox. Now some may say ‘Why Firefox, it is only a visitor’? Yes, it’s a browser, but the one that supports a big variety of plug-ins, some of them very helpful for search engine marketing. So let’s see what these plugins are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this is among the greatest and most used Firefox seo plugins, and has many resources that make it a favorite of mine. So let’s see what it can do:
* in Google it can check for: backlinks, found pages, related pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: indexed pages and backlinks.
* for traffic facts, Alexa: guide, backlinks and related internet sites.
* keyword thickness of the most used words o-n the site.
* DMOZ checker: see if the site is contained in the directory. Learn more about cheap https://crunchbase.com/person/andrea-doven/ by browsing our fresh URL.
* look for robots.txt.
* validator to check your page for problems (it uses the validator from www.w3.org).
There are other things, but these are the most crucial.
2. Search Engine Optimisation Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is yet another expansion I take advantage of everyday. When the extension si effective and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will show you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and ranking data for the URL and anchor text couple. When you’re simply checking this can be annoying, but you can simply deactivate it with a right-click!
This might be effortlessly used to test your search engine rankings for a specific site, and here is how: article a listing with all the keywords and keyphrases you want to rank for, and then link those words or phrases to-the webpages associated with them!
Now everytime you want to check your ranks activate the Search Engine Optimization Links extension and float within the links — you will see where your pages are in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
3. Do not waste anymore of your valuable screen property merely to discover what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) could sit anywhere you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you’ll receive the precious info at-a glance. But this small device can perform much more than that:
* it shows what meta-tags a niche site has
* inspections for backlinks and listed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the file
* keyword density record function
* and best-of all: the spotlight ‘nofollow’ links will show you what links will be followed by search engine spiders — invaluable when you wish to publish your site to a listing and don’t know if it’ll matter from a seo perception.
So just in case you aren’t using Firefox, go get it! It might be your very best friend when it comes to seo!
Florin Costache produces on the daily search engine optimization weblog for Romanian webmasters, called Optimizare pentru motoarele de cautare (a.k.a. Seo for people who don’t speak Romanian).. I learned about crunchbase.com/person/andrea-doven/ by browsing Google.